The framework for expressive arts begins with experiences and outcomes for presentation and performance followed by the experiences and outcomes in:
- art and design
The children’s learning in, through and about the expressive arts:
- enables them to experience the inspiration and power of the arts
- recognises and nurtures their creative and aesthetic talents
- allows them to develop skills and techniques that are relevant to specific art forms and across the four capacities
- provides opportunities for them to deepen their understanding of culture in Scotland and the wider world
- is enhanced and enriched through partnerships with professional arts companies, creative adults and cultural organisations.